Thursday, August 30, 2007

A First

Tonight Alex will be attending his FIRST rock concert! I'm completely relaxed and calm about this milestone in his life because he is going with....his dad and his uncle!

Niece Holly got A.P. and U.T. tickets for this concert back in the spring. They were gifts for Mothers' Day and Fathers' Day. She also got a ticket for herself. Not too long after getting these tickets she decided that she may not want to go and asked Ted if he wanted to buy her ticket. He, of course, jumped at the chance. Recently A.P. was talking to Alex and commented that she might be interested in selling her ticket to him for the concert. Naturally he said YES!

So Alex will be going to his first concert tonight and I'm really happy for him.

I can remember going to my first concert. It was actually with Ted and happened to be our FIRST date on my 19th birthday, July 22, 1977. Ted had been to concerts before, but I hadn't and was SO naive! We went to the old Coliseum near Cleveland (although it was only a few years old at the time, it's now no longer there and the Cavs moved to downtown Cleveland). While we were waiting for the opening band to come onstage we were talking a little and I was taking it all in.

*Sniff* *Sniff* "What's that smell?" I said to Ted. "It smells like burnt pork chops."

He said, "No, it's not burnt pork chops," as he tried to hide his laughter.

"That's what it smells like," I said.

"It's pot," he whispered.

"What?" I said.

"Marijuana," he said again.

Loudly (naturally) I said, "MARIJUANA??"

He quietly said, "yes."

We've laughed about that SO many times since then.

By the way, we saw Climax Blues Band and Bad Company and I had a great time.

Tonight Alex, Ted, and Tim are going to Blossom Music Center, near Cleveland, to see Rush. I know that they'll have a great time too.

Alex is a big AC/DC fan, but he'll really like Rush tonight.

(But he HAS to go to school tomorrow!)

0 comments: