Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Back to Work

Yep...life has come to a screeching halt. I went back to work yesterday, and my time is no longer my own. We had meetings all day yesterday, and a work day today. Open House is tonight, then tomorrow is professional development. On Thursday, the kids show up.

I'm not a morning person, and it can take me a while to roll out of bed. There are many mornings that I'm awake by 8:00 or so, but just can't seem to get out of bed until 11. And then there are the days that I can't even seem to get out of the bedroom until noon.

For the past two mornings, I've been out on the road by 7:40. And I even get the bed made before I leave. I usually wake up to the radio instead of the alarm, because it's a lot smoother to hear music or talk in the morning than a sudden BLARE of an ANNOYING BUZZ. However our local radio station doesn't come in too well these days, so I found a different nearby station that plays country music.

Yesterday I awoke with Kenny Chesney, ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh..... can life get any better? He was gently singing in my ear... then I heard the famous words, "She thinks my tractor's sexy" and Ted made a comment. It was something to do with Kenny's sexual preferences. That made me mad. Why is it that so many males think he is gay? And as far as I'm concerned, it doesn't make any difference if he is. He's still easy on the eyes. That smile, the voice, that Tennessee accent, those rippling muscles, the attitude that he projects...oh yeah, I'm a Kenny Chesney fan alright.

After his song was over, I just hit the snooze button. I didn't need to hear anything else for the next 9 minutes...just let me lie and dream about Kenny.

That's enough for today...I need to go listen to one of my Kenny Chesney CDs...ahhhhhhhh....

0 comments: