Friday, August 10, 2007

Happy Anniversary Cindi!

Yesterday was my 2 year anniversary of being diagnosed with cancer and getting rid of Lucifer the tumor. YAH!!! Only 3 more years to go and I'll be considered "cured" and I can't wait!

Even though my oncologist is very comfortable with seeing me every 4 months now, instead of every 3, I'll be continuing with occasional colonoscopies and CT scans. I also had the mammogram from h*ll last week, but that's a subject for another entry.

When you're young, you just never think that something like cancer will come out of NOWHERE and invade your life. Unfortunately, though, it happens. Things like this happen for a reason and I think I know what the reason is for ME getting CANCER....

I have sent a bunch of people to Dr. P (my surgeon) and other doctors for colonoscopies. I know for a fact that many of those people would not have gone through the procedure if I hadn't pressed the issue. I guess I've found my "purpose" in life now.

So....if you haven't had your colonoscopy yet, (and I don't care if you're under 50...I was diagnosed at 47!) PLEASE SCHEDULE IT!!!

P.S. to Cancer....I KICKED YOUR BUTT!! And you are NO LONGER WELCOME in my body!

0 comments: