I didn't realize it had been that long since I last posted. A whole lot of nothing had been going on here...until TODAY!
Today, Alex's dream came true and I'm still trying to deal with it.
Alex received an acceptance letter from his top college choice! He's on Cloud Nine and absolutely THRILLED! I'm extremely happy for him...yes, there's a "but."
This means that he will definitely be leaving home in late August. He will no longer be here on a daily basis. I'm not ready for this. I have approximately seven months to get my act together. I'm really trying not to rain on his parade, but it's so dang HARD.
I'll take any and all advice regarding preparing myself for his inevitable departure. Please.
In other news:
- no snow days this week; we've used three and only have two more "freebies" available; the first five are forgiven and after that we have to make them up, yuck
- school is becoming a little bit of a challenge in that the other reading teacher and I are expected to do a lot of "extra" stuff (DIBELs testing, STAR testing, Early Lit testing, etc.) but are given very little time to do it all in; unfortunately most of it involves the kids, so we can't do it after school
- today it really warmed up and actually got up to 38 degrees! The snow is starting to melt a little now, thank goodness; I'm ready for all of it to melt, and then start over with fresh snow
- I'm trying to change my way of thinking these days, trying to be more grateful for things in my life, rather than wonder why everything can't be perfect; it's hard to change my mindset, but I'm not going to give up
- I have about 8 loads of laundry to do this weekend; I'm hoping to start it tomorrow after I get home from school so I'm not stuck with it all weekend long
- the kitchen really needs cleaned badly; sounds like a Saturday morning chore to me
- the bathrooms are starting to get nasty too; might be a Saturday afternoon chore
- I would love to get a cleaning lady again; I had one for several years until I was diagnosed with cancer, but then had to let her go because we needed to trim the budget as I only had about two months of sick days and would not get paid while I was off, beyond that
- it's time to start planning Alex's graduation party so I'm not pulling my hair out at the last minute
So what's new with all of you?