Sunday, May 31, 2009

Whew! (Part 1)

So, where have I been lately? Helping an 18 year old through his final days and events of high school.

This is where I really need to mention that I absolutely ADORE the technology that has come about in the past 10 years or so. Without it, I wouldn't be taking so many pictures. Of course, my sons aren't thrilled that they are the subjects in these photos, but oh well, such is life!

This is Alex, as he's leaving for his last day of high school. Yes, he's thrilled, but it was 6:35 am and he just wanted to get out the door without any extra "fluff."



Party time...as you can see, he's absolutely THRILLED that I had my camera in hand. In fact, his words were something along the line of, "Mom, enough already!" And I have to add that I learned my lesson after Joe's graduation party. CATERING IS THE WAY TO GO. You get to the point that money is no longer the object. It's all about convenience and ease.



The cake was extremely good...half chocolate and half white. It had the best icing too, mmmmmmmmm! And the ladies that were here from the catering place took care of cutting and serving the cake. Another HUGE help!

Some of the kids decided to use the pool. This was their first go-around. After they went to attend other parties, they all came back around 7 pm and swam until after midnight. Only there were about 10 more by then. We're just glad that they all had a great time.


So this is how part of my time has been spent lately. And it would only make sense that the day before the party I came down with a sore throat and some kind of infection. I really felt rotten this entire day. Anyway, it took about a week to get over it, but now I'm almost back to normal...whatever that is!

More to come, very soon!


3 comments:

PERBS said...

Glad it all went well! My kids had a group party somewhere else so nothing to do at home but wait for them to get back.

Terre said...

I am so glad Alex's events went so well even with mom not feeling 100% May have been someone's hint that you were to limit your fussing :o) Did Joe also graduate from college or is he taking more classes before he finishes?

edbteach said...

How fun! You probably got sick because of all of the running around/stress. I'm glad you are feeling better.

We still have another week! to go. Kids finish Friday and we have a workday on Saturday.

I then have a workday for summer school (if I get hired - they haven't let us know yet) on Monday and kids start on Tuesday!

No rest for me until July!