Why do I think I am such a procrastinator, you may ask? Well, please...have a seat, and let me tell you.
- The daughter of one of my friends had a birthday in early April. Her card is still sitting here.
- Another friend sent me a very nice letter in the mail, I might add, and I have yet to respond to her. Oh yeah, that letter arrived before Easter. I've yet to even thank her for it.
- The same friend who sent the letter also sent me an email dated 4/12, with some pertinent questions. Yep, you guessed it. I haven't answered her yet.
- Another friend has emailed me several times over the last few months. I have yet to answer her. This is especially bad because they've just been smacked with the trickle effect of the downturn in the economy.
- My sister-in-law's birthday was March 29. That's right...the card is still sitting here, and I don't even have it signed yet. Here's the kicker...they live within shouting distance and we've seen them several times since her birthday.
- My brother in law's (sister-in-law's husband and Ted's brother) birthday was April 3. SEE LAST BULLET.
- Their daughter, our beautiful niece Holly, had a birthday on April 16. Again, SEE ABOVE.
- Another friend who lives in town said for me to call her sometime, and I said I would. Let's see...that was in February of 2008 I believe.
So basically, not only am I procrastinator, but I'm a lousy friend too.
It's not that I don't WANT to take care of these things, but that I just never get around to it.
I definitely need to get my act together.
Please tell me I'm not the only one who does this....
And on that note, I'm going to leave you with a picture of Joe when he was five years old. One afternoon we went to a small field near my parents' house and flew kites. We both had a great time that day!