Saturday, June 2, 2007

Summer Vacation....maybe

Thursday was our last day with kids at school. Yesterday was a work day, and a day that doesn't rank too high on my "A" list.

I found out for sure that next school year I will be spending two afternoons a week at a parochial school, teaching remedial reading. This particular parochial school isn't even in our school district, but (according to the principal there) has students from our district who require reading intervention services. The principal does not by law have to provide our district with those students' addresses or the assessment tools they used. Sounds a little fishy to me, but nevertheless, because of where I live, I'm the lucky one who gets to service them. Yea. Remind me to cheer about it. There IS one good thing about it though...our Title I coordinator has told my principal that I am to be taken off the duty schedule for next year because of having to travel to an additional building, so that's really nice.

Toward the end of our time at school yesterday, a couple of teachers decided to give out a gag award. I'm sure they were trying to be funny and also attempt to get a point across, but I personally think it was rather unprofessional of them. One of them will more than likely not be with us next year because of her family relocating (depending on whether or not she can find a job) and the other one...well, as far as I know she'll still be in the building. Even though I'm not extremely happy with my principal right now, I would never have gone quite as far as they did. I just hate to burn any bridges, and some may have been burned with their little award idea. Anyway, let's just say that what they did is not anything I would have done, but if it works for them, then that's their choice.

After I left school I had to go to the hospital where I'll have my colonoscopy on Monday. I was to meet with someone from the anesthesia department. I got there at 1:30 and they said my appt wasn't until 2:00. I knew that, but what was I to do? Ride around for half an hour with gas at over $3 a gallon?? I was just hoping they might be running a little ahead of schedule. Nope. They were running BEHIND. By the time someone came to talk to me it was 3:00. They wanted me to stay to talk to someone else too, but that would be at least another half hour, so they gave me the option of coming in a little early on Monday. I took that option.

I've become really worried about this test. I really don't have any reason to doubt that it will all turn out just fine, but I'm still concerned and can't help but wonder if there will be another tumor or polyp or just something.

I suppose it would be a good idea to spend the next entry or so discussing the cancer.

It's very hard for me to mentally begin summer vacation until this test is over and done with. Then I will be able to relax. Until then I feel like I'm on pins and needles. Patience is not one of my strengths. (Talk about an understatement!)

The pool is coming along just fine. I don't know all the technical terms to use, so I can just say that the "shell" is set up, or maybe it's called the form? I don't know, but it's there, and the pump and heater are set up and I think they are tied in also. Hopefully by mid-week we'll be able to swim. I can't wait! Ted is getting really excited about it too, so I'm happy about that.

Speaking of Ted, he's serenading me with his acoustic guitar right now. I'm sitting in the den and he's just playing away. I like hearing him play the acoustic, but the electric guitar is just "okay" for me. I really like it when he plays things I know and I can sing along.

In less than 48 hours, my procedure will be over with, thank goodness. Then I can begin to enjoy summer vacation.