Wednesday, May 30, 2007

We're rounding third...

We have one more school day with kids, then a work day on Friday, and after that, IT'S SUMMER TIME! Summer does not really begin the third week of June, it begins the first Monday-Friday day after school is out. If you don't believe me, just ask any 6-18 year old! (or any teacher)

I share a small classroom with two other teachers and we're working on getting everything put away and organized for the summer. It always takes me longer than anyone else because I have so much "stuff" to deal with. In the past two days, though, I've really been purging. Yesterday and today I had to hunt down our custodian to have the trash can emptied before lunch. I'm so proud of myself, getting rid of so much junk. I still have some things to go through, so there might be more to add to the trash can tomorrow.

Next Monday is my colonoscopy, and I just want to get it over and done with. I don't even mind the prep as much as getting the IV started. But the biggest reason to get it over and done with is that I need reassurance that there is no tumor growing inside of me. Cancer is such a cruel disease. I'm forever changed due to my experience with that terrible, horrific illness. But I think I'll save that for another time.

Ted's knee, calf, and ankle are really bothering him from work today. I wish I knew what to say to him to make him feel better. He's becoming really "down" emotionally and I want to help him, but I'm not doing very well apparently. I would love for him to get a different type of job that entails very little physical labor, but I don't know what to even suggest to him.

It's only a little after 9 pm and I'm exhausted. Thank goodness there are only two more mornings to get up this week. Think I'll take a shower and head to bed. Goodnight!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope everything is going well for Ted! Yay, for summer!