Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Exciting Day

Today was quite a day...it was Ted's first day back to work since having his knee surgery on April 20; I went back to work after a long weekend; Joey went back to work after a long weekend; and Alex went back to school after a long weekend. Additionally, it was the first day that "the girls" would be home alone together with the run of the house. "The girls" refers to Pepina, our 14 month old calico, and Marina, our 7 week old calico.

All of this was enough to make it quite a day, but there's MORE! Today the pool company came and started on our pool! They dug out the hole and there are a few piles of dirt in the backyard, but that's definitely OKAY! Then around 9 pm tonight, there was a knock at the door, and the pool itself was being delivered. Apparently the manufacturing company was short a driver and they were all trying to make up for it, so this lucky guy got to drive from western PA to here and deliver it. It took him about 45 minutes to get it all unloaded and out by the hole in the backyard. It's amazing to think that in a week or 8 days we could actually be swimming in our own pool!

I also had the pleasure of spending about an hour at the hospital by the school where I work. Since I'm having a colonoscopy on Monday, I needed to have bloodwork, a chest x-ray, and an EKG. My procedure will be done at the same hospital, and today was my first trip to that particular hospital. My surgeon, who is doing my colonoscopy, recently gave up his privileges at our local hospital and is only working out of the hospital near where I work. It's a much smaller hospital than what I'm used to, and it was really quite quaint. Of course, nothing is ever easy with me...the bloodwork took 2 attempts (not bad, really), the chest x-ray, side view took 4 tries (but that wasn't MY fault, I think it was the tech who was struggling), but the EKG went fairly smoothly, thank goodness. Now I just want the colonoscopy over with. I NEED to know if there is any problem. I just continue to hope and pray that it's all clear. If it is indeed all clear, I won't need another colonoscopy for three years!

At work, I sort of felt like I was spinning my wheels. I worked hard all day, trying to get stuff packed up and organized, and don't feel like I got much done. I'm hoping that tomorrow will go much better.

Well, that's enough for today. Oh yeah, by the way, "the girls" seemed to get along just fine today. Well, at least I haven't found any blood anywhere and they were both doing okay when I got home!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so happy that you finally have gotten your inground pool! We got a 16' by 42" pool and it is wonderful! I am looking forward to a very long and hopefully relaxing summer in the pool!

^_^