Friday, May 9, 2008

It Figures

About 7 or 8 weeks ago I called the place that put in our pool last summer and made arrangements for them to come and open it for the season. It was a cold, blustery day when I called, not too long after the BIG snow we had in early March. What better time to think of the heat of the summer?

They told me that I was the first one who had called and they didn't even have a folder for openings yet, but would start one. They had just opened up for the year at the beginning of the week.

I told them that I wanted it opened the first weekend in May. I know, I know, that's wishful thinking, especially for east central Ohio, but you just never know with our weather. It could be 40 degrees one day, and 80 degrees the next.

About two weeks ago I called them again, just to make sure that they had actually put our pool opening in their file, and they did! The guy said that we were scheduled for Saturday, May 3! I asked them if we would be able to swim the next day and he said it was possible, all depending on our water.

Late last Thursday afternoon the phone rang and the caller ID showed that it was our pool place. They asked if it would be possible to come the next day (Friday) to open the pool instead of Saturday. They had another customer in our area and since the price of gasoline has skyrocketed, they would like to take care of both of us on the same day.

Hey, FINE WITH ME!!!

So last Friday when I got home from work, Ted was already here talking to the pool guys. They told us what to do as far as the water was concerned and said that we should be able to swim by Sunday.

Well no one told Mother Nature.

Yes, we have a heater (I like it warm....like 90 or 91 degrees) but the air temp was pretty cool and we've had rain on and off since then.

So, as is quite typical for me, we got the pool opened when we wanted, but have no idea when we'll be able to use it. The water is crystal clear, but cold. We don't want to turn the heater on until the day before we plan on using it. I was hoping for this weekend, but it's not looking good.

Oh well...it's okay. At least everything's ready to go when the weather is ready.

I can't wait to just get out there and swim and float and relax!!

1 comments:

Paulie said...

Oh, lucky you! I'll be right over. . . I wish!