Friday, September 12, 2008

Young Love

I try not to make too many posts about school, but this is a cute one.

I have 3rd and 4th grade lunch count duty every day. All the 3rd and 4th grade students who are ordering a tray or milk if they pack, have to come up to me and I need to mark it all on a sheet.

Last Friday a little boy in 3rd grade came up to order his lunch. He had on a polo style shirt and a clip on neck tie that reached down to the middle of his tummy.

Very guietly, I leaned toward him and said, "Michael, you look so handsome today. Are you trying to impress a girl with your tie?"

He shook his head yes.

"May I ask who the lucky girl is?"

He looked around to see if anyone was within earshot, then leaned in close and with a huge smile on his face said, "Molly."

"Wow, I bet she'll notice how nice you look today."

On Monday, I saw him in the line again.

"Did the tie work?"

He shook his head, and said, "No."

This morning he had on a plain t-shirt with the clip on tie again.

"Same girl Michael?" I asked him quietly.

He grinned and said, "Yep!"

I sure hope she noticed him today...it's hard to handle rejection in third grade!



5 comments:

edbteach said...

Thanks Cindi

I live about 45 miles west of Corpus Christi.

The storm is going to the Houston area which is about 4 hours from here. We are expecting lots of rain on Saturday night, Sunday, and Monday.

Also, wearing a tie in third grade? Too cute!

Jen said...

Oh, how cute! I love cute school stories, so go for it.

Monica H said...

Hi Cindi,

Thanks for visiting my blog and for the nice comment you left. I hope you come back.

Monica H
STILL HOPEFUL

PERBS said...

hehe That is adorable. You should write that out for him at the end of the school year for his memory book!

The Arthur Clan said...

Awww! That's so sweet. :)