Sunday, April 8, 2012

Happy Easter

Many many years ago when I was a little girl, I would arise very early so that I could see what the Easter Bunny brought me. I was very fortunate, as there was always a full basket along with a couple other things that were not candy.

One particular year, it was still dark when I woke up, and I was WIDE awake. After surveying my basket, I sat on the living room floor with a couple of pieces of candy and tried to watch TV. Way back then, in the stone age, there were not very many channels to chose from and those that we had were not "on" 24 hours a day. However, I came across a show that I watched very intently. It was the story of Good Friday and Easter, being done in a very dramatic way. I was mesmerized by it. Although I knew the story, I'd never pictured it in my mind.

This show had me in tears several times, seeing how badly Jesus was treated, how unbelievably painful it must have been for him and the other two who had spikes driven through their hands and feet so that they could be attached to the crosses. I couldn't understand (at that time) why no one would help these people.

To say this had a profound impact on me, is an understatement.

And then he came back to life. Wow.

Happy Easter everyone!

0 comments: